Experience the joy of singing choral masterworks with other skilled singers, outstanding soloists and the SWFL Symphonic Orchestra with Dr. Trent Brown, Chorale Artistic Director and
Symphony Maestro Nir Kabaretti.
Scholarships and Apprenticeships are open to all students ages 15 and up including all college students.
Apprenticeship & Scholarship
Scholarship Benefits Include:
- Dues for membership in the Symphonic Chorale ($135/year)
- Music for rehearsals and performance (refundable $25 deposit required)
- Concert attire
- Singing chorale masterworks with a professional choir, under the direction of Dr. Trent Brown, Chorale Artistic Director and Maestro Nir Kabartti of the Southwest Florida Symphony Orchestra
- Four (4) students will be selected to be Apprentices from the pool of students awarded scholarships with the Chorale. These 4 will best demonstrate future success in community choral arts as determined by the Artistic Director.
- Depending on participation/attendance, Apprentice members will receive a $1000 stipend that will be paid in two (2) installments: $500 before the end of December and $500 at the final performance of the season.
All Scholarship/Apprenticeship recipients will follow the policies and guidelines outlined in the Singers’ Handbook for the Symphonic Chorale of Southwest Florida, including attendance policy at rehearsals and performances.
Applicants must have an interest in choral music, but do not need to pursue music as a major or minor.
Students aged 15 or older will audition for the Artistic Director and demonstrate abilities in solo vocal production, range, tonal memory and sight singing. It is important to be aware that these areas may be developing for some singers, and not yet mastered. An underdeveloped skill area should not deter students from applying!
The Artistic Director determines if the Chorale is an appropriate fit for the candidate.
August 15th from 6-9 PM
Lamb of God Church
19691 Cypress View Dr., Fort Myers
Auditions are 15 minutes in length. Auditions will include vocal scales, sight singing and a prepared vocal selection by the auditionee. Please bring 2 copies of the music.